Through the Technical Services team the company provides: feasibility studies; energy yield assessments; due diligence and technical advisor services to banks and other funders; and, technical support to other parts of the business. Projects are typically based on wind, solar, and hydro, with an increasing regard to grid management, battery storage, and alternative renewable technologies.
The Technical Services team requires a Technical Consultant with electrical experience to join them in Edinburgh.
The Role will primarily involve the following:
- Assisting in the production of technical reports
- Technically appraising the issues and risks to projects
- Reviewing grid connection documentation, at both Distribution and Transmission level
- Processing and analysing data from a variety of sources
- Reviewing available project information, including technical drawings and contracts, and challenging the content
- Performing site visits to inform desk-based technical appraisals
- Researching grid management and energy storage opportunities
- Researching alternative renewable energy technologies
- Scenario modelling and project optimisation
- Providing technical support to GCR staff across the company
- Elements of electrical design may be required
For more information about the role and details on how to apply, please click here.