We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
Junior Admin and Accounts Assistant
A vacancy has arisen within the Finance & Admin team for a Junior Admin & Accounts Assistant to provide support to the administrative team based at the Head Office in Biggar.
• Sorting and filing of financial paperwork.
• Assist with general office admin. using standard Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook etc).
• Process sales and purchase invoices, receipts and payments using Sage accounting software.
• Develop skills to assist with credit control and supplier payment processing.
• Ability to communicate with internal departments, customers and suppliers, to resolve day to day and ad-hoc issues as they arise.
• Be prepared to undertake wider support tasks as and when required.
More information on this vacancy and how to apply can be found here.
We now require an Engineering Project Manager to join the Engineering team in Edinburgh to manage the
delivery of a range of co-located renewable energy projects, including wind, solar, hydrogen, ammonia, and battery storage
projects and to help continually develop the expanding client base.
- Management and responsibility for a variety of renewable energy projects.
- Co-ordination of project team activities (internal & external) ensuring key milestones are met.
- Preparation and/or review of technical design elements.
- Preparation of documentation and management procurement processes.
- Ensuring financial and technical targets are met in delivering projects.
- Effective management of, and reporting on, project risks.
- Facilitation of agreements and contract negotiation.
- Management and supervision of contractors carrying out services and construction on projects.
- Communication with external stakeholders (e.g., landowners, developers, community bodies, planning authorities,
community relations, grid network operators).
- Internal communication with project team and ensuring all corporate policies and quality management systems
are fully adhered to.
- Business Development and sales responsibilities.
More information about the Project Manager vacancy and how to apply can be found here.
Our Technical and Environmental Services Department requires a Technical
Consultant to join the team in Edinburgh.
- Processing and analysing data from a variety of sources.
- Scenario modelling and project optimisation.
- Researching alternative renewable energy technologies.
- Researching grid management and energy storage opportunities.
- Reviewing available project information and challenging its content.
- Technically appraising the issues and risks to projects.
- Carrying out initial site visits to inform the desk-based technical appraisal.
- Assisting in the production of technical reports.
- Providing technical support to GCR staff across the company.
More information about the Technical Consutant vacancy and how to apply can be found here.
Principal EIA Consultant
Our Technical and Environmental Services department are recruiting a Principal EIA Consultant. The successful candidate will join the team at our Edinburgh offices to manage the delivery of a range of services from initial development concept assessments and feasibility studies, through to Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) production, for a range of renewable energy projects, primarily medium to large scale onshore wind farms, and to help continually develop the expanding client base.
- Project Management of renewable energy projects of all scales from initial feasibility through to planning determination.
- EIA co-ordination and management including engagement with LPA’s, statutory consultees and other project stakeholders throughout the project development.
- Production & review of EIA Reports
- Coordination and resourcing of in-house EIA project team and subcontractors.
- Working closely with other GCR departments to provide a holistic approach to site design and development.
- Project programme and budget management.
- Client relationship management.
- Overseeing and signing-off written reports.
- Business development including preparation of tenders/proposals, following up leads, and identifying new business opportunities.
More information about the Principal EIA Consultant vacancy and how to apply can be found here.
We are always on the lookout for the right people.
Green Cat is a diverse, energetic and interesting place to work and our staff are a core part of our business. We take the personal and professional development of our staff very seriously. All members of staff receive regular training, tailored to personal and company development needs. Which in turn allows them to take on wider opportunities and responsibilities in the company as a whole.
If you have relevant experience and would like to work with us or if you would like to know more about our career opportunities please contact us via email: