Green Cat Renewables requires a Civil Design Engineer to join its Engineering Department in Edinburgh working with the team, across departments, and with sister companies within the Green Cat group. The candidate will be expected to produce and/or manage all the necessary project documentation, calculations, design risk assessments, reports and drawings (produced by CAD Technician), from conceptual design through to detailed design and sign off on site. The candidate will ensure that engineering design is done in compliance with the industry standards, project objective and contractual requirements. Civil Design elements within the scope of GCR’s work may include:
- Wind Farm Project Design – working platforms, roads, drainage (SuDS), ground stabilisation/earthworks, wind turbine foundation solutions, substation buildings, other civil infrastructure and temporary works
- Hydropower Project Design – powerhouse buildings, intake/weir structures, thrust blocks, pressurised pipelines, access tracks, pipe and road bridges, other civil infrastructure and temporary works
- Civil Elements of Other Renewable Projects – storage, solar, green hydrogen, etc.
- Structural inspection of existing structures (bridges, buildings, roads, etc.).
This is a key position supporting different departments within the business and providing bespoke solutions for various projects.
- Lead the design process for various civil elements as described above.
- Provide expert knowledge in the following civil engineering areas: Structures (RC, steel and masonry), roads, hydraulic structures (including pipelines), geotechnics (ground stabilisation, earthworks for foundations, piling, etc.) and SuDS.
- Produce designs, and necessary documents (such as Design Basis Statements) required to progress a project through the design and construction phase.
- Address technical issues arising in all phases of a project development related to civil & structural design.
- Take responsibility for the design and ensure that all designs are the best solution for project requirements, considering: timescale, resource, cost, safety, client and industry standards. Develop and maintain a technical knowledge of the processes and elements required to deliver designs needed to design the civil elements within GCR’s scope of works. Provide technical input and review of designs produced in house and by third parties. Monitor progress on site, ensuring compliance with design. Engage in Business Development activities for the acquisition of civil design clients.
- Respond to Invitations to Tender for civil design work.
- Support PM in estimating project costs, resource requirements and budgets.
- Attend design meetings.For more information about this role and how to apply, click here.